We invite you to submit a proposal to participate in the 2020 Dialogues!
Proposals are due by April 30th, 2020.
Download a PDF version of the Call for Dialogues here
Proposals for dialogues should indicate how presenters will organize information, pose questions, and facilitate activities and conversation. Priority will be given to proposals that are interactive and depart from the traditional academic presentation. We especially encourage undergraduate students and activists to apply.
Dialogues must integrate the conference theme —“Disrupting the Past, Questioning the Present, and Building the Future” — into the proposal. Sub-themes include but are not limited to:
- Elections and Democracy
- Decolonizing Pedagogy
- Digital Disruptions
- Activism: Local and Global
- Bodies and Identities
- Art and Performance
Group-led sessions will involve active audience participation and focused discussion of issues raised by the conference themes. Any inclusion of pedagogy is always welcome. Organizers will present information, pose questions, and facilitate conversation. Conference participants will be invited to submit essay versions of their dialogues for inclusion in the online Seneca Falls Dialogues Journal.
Please prepare the following for submission:
- Proposed title of session
- Which subthemes are connected with your dialogue
- A 2-3 sentence summary of your session’s focus and relevance to conference theme(s)
- Name of each session organizer and affilation
- Name of one organizer who will serve as the primary contact person, with their contact information provided.
- 250-500 word description of the session’s focus and organization. This should include how the organizers will introduce the topic, questions they will pose and a clear explanation of how the organizers will involve the audience in dialogue.
Page cover image: Looking for the “North Star” Mural by Nani Chacon, 2018. Photo by Ted Wong for WALL/THERAPY