Submissions are closed. Thank you to all who submitted proposals.We look forward to an invigorating weekend of dialogues!
Call for Dialogues 2016 (Download PDF)
The 5th Biennial Seneca Falls Dialogues
October 21-23, 2016
Lean Out: Gender, Economics, and Enterprise
Featuring Award-Winning Documentarian and Creator of “Upstate Girls”
Brenda Ann Kenneally
Keynote Speaker and WILL recipient
The biennial Dialogues are a collaborative effort to reinvigorate Seneca Falls as a site of feminist activism and intellectual exchange. We invite students, activists, and teachers to participate in a weekend of dialogue on the following themes:
- Divisions of Labor
- Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality
- Teaching Economic Justice
- Representations of Work
- Gender and Entrepreneurship
- Global Economics
- Art, Activism, and Social Justice
- Women in Business
Proposal Deadline: April 30, 2016. Submit proposals using our submission form here.
We are seeking group-led sessions that involve active audience participation and focused discussion of issues raised by the conference themes. Session proposals should indicate how organizers will present information, pose questions, and facilitate conversation.
All proposals must include the following:
- Title of the session.
- A 2-3 sentence summary of its focus and relevance to one or more of the conference themes.
- Name of each session organizer.
- Name of one organizer who will serve as the contact person. Include for the contact person her or his home or institutional address, email, and telephone number.
- 250-500 word description of the session’s focus and organization. This should include how the organizers will introduce the topic, questions they will pose and a clear explanation of how the organizers will involve the audience in dialogue.
- List of technology needs.
Conference participants will be invited to submit essay versions of their dialogues for inclusion in the on-line Seneca Falls Dialogues Journal.